Thursday, August 19, 2010

Overwhelmed

“God can do anything you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.” Ephesians 3:20-21

Okay, so actually, I was a bit overwhelmed last week and that is why you are just getting my entry! I had a great time hanging out with my friends, Jennifer, Jen’s mom, Hayden, and Eve as Jennifer came from way up North for a wedding. I need to apologize to them, though. I barely made it there because I was coming straight from seeing a strong heartbeat on an ultrasound. Daryl and I are having another baby! I had not told my family yet, so I am just now spilling the beans!

I totally don’t feel prepared for another child. I am really overwhelmed at the thought of it! But we trusted God to bless us with another child only if we were ready. Six months later we conceived! I just finished my psalm which included informing God of my failures as a mom…my house is a wreck, haven’t finished the laundry I started on Tuesday, don’t have a clue what to make Parker for dinner, and I am behind on this blog…just to name a few. How will I do this with another child needing my attention? I need to ask God for help. What an amazing revelation from the author. I ask Him for help when someone is sick or a major catastrophe has happened, but I tend to forget Him in everyday tasks. He has promised to always be with me, even when I am dusting or picking up toys, again.

He wants us to call His name when we are weary and overwhelmed. He has promised to give us rest. He even says He will carry our yokes when we just can’t do it anymore. So why doesn’t this come to mind when I am stressing? I have a Women’s Ministry Kick-off tonight so I know this stuff won’t get done. I am nauseous, tired, hungry, and nothing sounds good to eat. So, I sat down to blog. I am realizing that it won’t all get done. My husband will probably not be happy that the house is still a mess, but I needed this week’s message. I am only one person. Truthfully, I am only one person with only one purpose—to glorify God. If I am doing that then everything else will be okay. I will find time for it. It can wait until next week. I am not alone in this struggle. We are all there. Maybe today is a bad day and tomorrow will be better. Maybe it will be a bad week. But I will praise God for giving me a beautiful home to clean, a sweet child to feed, and plenty of clothes to fold. And I will ask Him for help to get it all done!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Heather!! That is great news! The idea of two children is a little overwhelming at first. You are already a great mom to Parker and will continue to be a great mom to this new baby.
    Thank you for your post on being overwhelmed. Just what I needed to read after the first full week back to school. Life is definately overwhelming sometimes--taking care of your kids, husband, house, job... I am so thankful that God has entrusted me with so many important responsibilities. He never gives us more than we can handle-- sometimes I just wish He didn't think I was so capable (ha ha!).

    ReplyDelete